Moonscars, the challenging 2D Platform Slasher from developer Black Mermaid and publisher Humble Games, has received an update on Steam that introduces quality-of-life and balancing improvements. These updates will roll out to consoles in the coming days and weeks. Please see below for the full details:
Moonscars Steam Patch Notes:
- Controller rebinding options added, fixed old input rebinding bugs. Native Dualshock support can be toggled in menu.
- Navigation map completely overhauled. Markers added and other fixes related to it.
- New type of Dark Mirrors introduced. Now only rare Corrupted Mirrors require sacrificing in order to be unlocked.
- Moonhunger system modified – Now for the Moonhunger to activate, player has to achieve at least 3 Sprite Levels before dying.
- Dark Mirrors gland drop bonus now costs bone powder instead of glands.
- Spalls mana cost, upgrade costs and timings are better balanced.
- Fixed multiple enemies bugs that were causing soft locks.
- Lategame balancing, including boss Lajos.
- Tutorial parts improved.
- Multiple general fixes leading to locks or crashes.
Moonscars launched on September for PC, Win10 Xbox One, PlayStation 5 | 4 and Nintendo Switch. The game is also available through Humble Choice and Xbox Game Pass. In Moonscars, every death is a lesson learnt—and as you overcome each challenge, new truths will be revealed. As the fierce clayborne warrior Grey Irma, you must push your combat skills to the limit and master new abilities to progress through an unforgiving nonlinear 2D world. Facing off against the relentless, destructive darkness and cruel mistress the Moon, your quest is to find the Sculptor and unravel the mystery of your existence.