Six new levels, two new Power Cores, a selection of new cosmetics and Whippy the Ice Cream Truck are now available in Turbo Golf Racing, as the arcade-style racer receives its first free update and shows off its future content plans.
One week on from Turbo Golf Racing’s successful Early Access and Game Preview launch across PC and Xbox platforms, developer Hugecalf Studios and publisher Secret Mode can reveal the full contents of the first free update, available now in-game for all Turbo Golf Racing players.
- Six New Levels: Rocket Ramp; The Snake; Bunker Balls; Dual Route Dash; Neon Raceway; A Walk in the Woods
These levels are automatically added to the online playlist, and can be unlocked for Time Trials by achieving set star totals in the Solo mode
- New Car: Whippy the Ice Cream Truck
Available in the in-game store right now
- New Active Power Core: Stomp – Stomps your car into the ground, sending your ball flying with great force
Unlocked by clocking up 300 seconds of gliding in the online mode
- New Passive Power Core: Rough Rider – Car ignores the effects of long grass
Unlocked by clocking up 300 seconds of driving through rough in the online mode
- New cosmetics
- New emojis: Poop and Yawn emojis now replaced by Fire and Luck
- [Windows Store] Fixed an issue where players would get stuck on the “Logging you in with the Xbox network…” on login screen
- Provided a work around for players who experience “Waiting for QoS results” when searching for a match. Players who experience this should manually select their region from the settings menu.
- Fixed an issue where the game could cut to a black screen after the match ends
- Level Fix: Spots and Shots – the players’ ball could get stuck in the hole
- Fixed various level exploits that would allow skipping of levels in unintended ways (thanks to the “TGR cool stuff” Discord members for helping us find them!)
In addition to today’s content update, Hugecalf Studios can also share more details about their upcoming development plans for Turbo Golf Racing content:
🔥 ONGOING 🔥
Hugecalf Studios will be adding FREE new content with each major update. This will include:
- Loads more levels
- Tons of cosmetics
- New Power Cores
Hugecalf Studios is actively working on these features. They should be landing in the next few months:
- Early Access Season 2
- New Biome
- Cross-Platform Parties
- Global Leaderboards
- Private Lobbies
- Improved Quest system and rewards
🌅 ON THE HORIZON 🌅
Hugecalf Studios will look to develop these features before exiting Early Access / Game Preview:
- Early Access Season 3
- Improved missiles and new pick-ups
- Ranked Mode
- New Game Modes (Duos?)
- Platform Achievements
- In-game Stats
And lots, lots more…
Turbo Golf Racing is out now on Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Preview on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Microsoft Store with an RRP of £14.99 | €17.99 | $17.99. It is also available via Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass.
The current expectation is that Turbo Golf Racing’s Early Access period will last approximately 12 months.