Capricia Productions is glad to announce the release of a short demo of their metal music-driven narrative game Of Bird and Cage, set for release on Steam on May 20th. Players will be able to experience the tutorial and the first two time-limited levels, which full length is about 20 minutes of gameplay, from today until May 18th.
The studio also just released a dev diary interviewing Kobra Paige, leader of Kobra and the Lotus, who voices the protagonist of this unique take of narrative games as a hybrid of storytelling and music. The Canadian singer plays Gitta Barbot, a 25-years-old girl drug addict with a troubled past, trying to escape the mental and physical prison of her captor in a dark, twisted tale based lightly on Beauty and the Beast.
In an exclusive video interview filmed by Capricia Productions, developer of the game, Kobra shared her thoughts on the experience of voicing the character and how she managed to get in tune with Gitta’s feelings: “I feel that I brought me to the character […] because I’m using my voice to contribute to her, I think it’s my sound”. You can see the full interview in the Youtube video below.
- Kobra Paige (Kobra and the Lotus)
- Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (ex-Guns N’ Roses)
- Rob van der Loo (Epica)
- Ruud Jolie (Within Temptation)
- Casey Grillo (ex-Kamelot)
- Rocky Grey (ex-Evanescence)
- Mike Lepond (Symphony X)
- Davidavi ‘Vidi’ Dolev (Gunned Down Horses)
- Danny Worsnop (Asking Alexandria)
- Listen to a two-hour-long symphonic metal album in the form of a new, fresh interactive experience – the first of its kind! With original songs by the composer Arnold Nensis.
- Shape the story through your decisions and lead Gitta to multiple endings.
- Choose wisely, but quick enough: the world is fully synced with its soundtrack, so the time to act will be always limited to the length of each song.
ABOUT OF BIRD AND CAGE
Of Bird and Cage is an intense music-driven narrative adventure. This new experience, a powerful symphonic metal album and game hybrid, conveys the power of music with a dark, twisted tale based on Beauty and the Beast. The game features artists from several renowned groups like (ex) Guns N’ Roses, Epica, Within Temptation, and many others.
You play as Gitta Barbot, a 25 year-old drug addict girl who tries to escape from the physical and mental prison of her captor — a man called Bres Lupus. Experiencing Gitta’s life from her childhood to the present day, you will have to make choices that will have dire consequences, and watch how your actions reveal new paths while struggling to keep your sanity.
Follow the twisted relationship between these two characters, portrayed in a gut-wrenching way. Happy endings don’t come easily here. In this first-person hybrid of a concept album and a game, your choices and actions will shape the narrative.