Today, Ubisoft unveiled the full Far Cry 6® post-launch plan. In addition to the Season Pass, which includes three DLC episodes where players will delve into the minds of legendary Far Cry villains, Far Cry 6 has revealed an extensive content roadmap to bring a steady stream of fresh content to the game following its release on October 7, 2021.
With the Season Pass, players will take control of the series’ most notorious villains: Vaas Montenegro, Pagan Min and Joseph Seed – all played by the original cast. Over the course of three DLC releases, players will embody a different villain struggling to escape the horrors of their own minds in a brand new “die and retry” experience inspired by the roguelite genre. Starting with nothing more than a pistol to defend themselves, players will need to find new weapons and unlock power-ups to become stronger and progress deeper into the depths of the villains’ psyches. Blending intense action and storytelling, each DLC will provide a unique opportunity to better understand each villain’s past, personal demons and motivations.
The Far Cry 6 Season Pass is included with the Far Cry 6 Gold, Ultimate and Collector Editions, and is available for purchase separately for $39.99. The Season Pass includes:
- Three DLC episodes, playable solo or co-op with a friend – even if they do not own the Season Pass.
- Episode 1: “Vaas: Insanity” planned for release in November 2021.
- Episode 2: “Pagan: Control” planned for release in January 2022.
- Episode 3: “Joseph: Collapse” planned for release in March 2022.
- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. On Windows PC, Season Pass holders will receive the original game released in 2013, while console and Stadia players will receive Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: Classic Edition*.
- The Blood Dragon Set, which includes seven items usable in the Far Cry 6 main game:
- One outfit: Blood Dragon Gear Set
- Two weapons: AJM9 and Kobracon
- One vehicle: Omega Enforcer
- One weapon charm: KillStar
- One Fang for Hire: K-9000
- One vehicle Chibi: Blood Dragon Chibi
Additionally, the fight for a free Yara will continue with the addition of regular, free content, expanding on the Far Cry 6 universe after the release of the game. Playable in solo or two-player co-op, this robust mix of content will include:
- Weekly insurgencies: Every week starting from launch – and available after the completion of the main campaign – partisans of Antón Castillo will rise across the island of Yara and pose new threats for players to eliminate. Players will need to track them down and upon completion, they can also earn some new gear updates.
- 6 Special Operations: Taking place in unique new areas in the world, these operations will introduce new gameplay mechanics as players must snatch highly unstable chemical weapons from Antón’s arms dealers and get to the extraction point before it overheats. First two locations – Mesozoico and Maceo – will be available at launch and other 4 maps will be upcoming additionally.
- 3 crossover missions featuring guest stars and beloved brands – Danny Trejo®, Rambo and Stranger Things TM.
There will be more to come as the Far Cry 6 development team is committed to building and improving on the core experience with new, yet to be revealed content.
Led by Ubisoft Toronto**, Far Cry 6 is an open-world first-person shooter that plunges players into the heart of a modern-day guerrilla revolution. On the island of Yara, President Antón Castillo vows to restore his nation to its former glory while grooming his son Diego to follow in his footsteps. Yet, paradise comes at a cost and enriching his country means subjugating those who don’t follow his vision. Players will take up the cause to liberate Yara as Dani Rojas – a local Yaran and military drop out – tries to escape Yara but ends up joining revolutionary group, Libertad. As Dani, players will experience the adrenaline and chaos of “resolver” guerrilla combat, Far Cry style, with the most creative and innovative arsenal yet.
Far Cry 6 will release worldwide on October 7, 2021, on Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Stadia, Amazon Luna and for Windows PC on both the Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store, as well as on Ubisoft+***, Ubisoft’s subscription service.
For more information on Far Cry 6, please visit Farcry.com