Kluge Interactive, the developer of Synth Riders, is excited to announce that starting today the game supports “Challenges”, a new social experience from Oculus.
- Today during the Facebook Connect keynote, Oculus introduced Challenges that let players create mini-tournaments for their friends and the VR community.
- Groups of friends can play against each other in heart-pounding matches, even when they’re not in VR at the same time. Whether it’s a week-long competition to see who can achieve a global high score, or as a daily motivator to encourage their friends to play.
- Players can create their own Challenges using the Oculus Scoreboard App, by choosing a song and difficulty level, giving it a name, and choosing how long it will run for. They can also choose to make their Challenge public, or just invite their friends. Anyone who joins can also receive notifications as the Challenge progresses.
- Developers can create Featured Challenges, starting with Synth Riders, Beat Saber, and Pistol Whip. The developers of Synth Riders will dare their players to accept new exciting Challenges every Wednesday for different skill levels, so they can compete to be the best of the best.
- User-created Challenges are exclusive to the Oculus platform. The developers of Synth Riders made sure that half of the Featured Challenges every week are cross-platform, so all the players can join in the fun on Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift, Steam, and Viveport.
User-created Challenges are rolling out now on the Oculus Quest Platform via the Oculus Scoreboard App, while official Challenges are available in-game now. Synth Riders fans can show off their skills and compete with friends around the world on Oculus Quest (cross-buy with Rift), Steam, and Viveport thanks to a free update.
Synth Riders on Oculus Quest: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2436558143118760/
Synth Riders on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/885000/
Official website: https://synthridersvr.com