For centuries, mankind has learned how to live with the Red Daze, a disease that turned the living into flesh-eating zombies. Even in the Dust Bowl, an unforgiving place where the Red Daze spreads rampant, humankind has found a way to survive. But what if there is more to it — what if you could not just survive, but even fight back…
Indie developer FlyAnvil and publisher Nordcurrent Labs announce that its thrilling post-apocalyptic action RPG Decision: Red Daze is finally available on Steam and GOG. The game offers players a unique blend of genres: deep and engaging survival and crafting mechanics systems that will force players to think and compromise in order to survive; nerve-wracking tower defense sections that will keep you on the edge of your seat; humor, atmosphere, and story elements already familiar to fans of both Wasteland and Fallout franchises alike.
- Experience a unique blend of action roleplay, survival, and tower defense mechanics that will keep you at the edge of your seat.
- Explore a huge map in search of new allies and valuable resources: anyone you find out there is a potential hero!
- Adapt to an alive, dangerous world with a day-and-night cycle that affects the gameplay experience profoundly
- Capture new settlements and upgrade them to host more survivors.
- Build defenses to keep your settlements safe from the endless waves of enemies.
- Find potential heroes with their own specialized classes and talents to recruit, so they can join you every time you go outside to explore.
- Try a wide selection of brutal weapons to mow down your enemies.
- Craft new equipment and gear to better equip your survivors.
ABOUT DECISION: RED DAZE
Decision: Red Daze is an isometric action RPG with a unique mix of survival and tower defense mechanics. As the Red Daze engulfs the continent, leaving destruction and horribly mutated monsters in its wake, survivors are the only glimmer of hope the human race has. Protect and lead a group of survivors in the infamous Dust Bowl, where the Red Daze is most prevalent; resist the onslaught of the infected while looking for other survivors to expand your base and trying to find a way to escape the pandemic – and, hopefully, find a cure for it. Feel the adrenaline rush fighting back hordes of horrible zombies, mutants, and other deadly creatures that will try to kill you at sight, explore the world in search of new allies, find and upgrade deadly weapons, craft increasingly powerful defense mechanisms to keep your settlements safe. Don’t low your guard, danger is never far away.
If you want to take a further look at the world of Decision: Red Daze, Nordcurrent Labs has been publishing a series of dev diaries on Decision: Red Daze’s Steam page offering an exclusive look at many of the game’s mechanics. The first entry of the series went into the combat mechanics of the game, its mix between action RPG and tower defense, and how they evolved from their origin in the first games of this cult franchise. The varied enemies you’ll face in the Dust Bowl, as well as the different bosses, were the protagonists of two entries of the dev diary. The third entry dove deeper into the story and lore of the game, a key aspect of any RPG. In the fourth post, you can read how survival and tower defense mechanics meet in the building of your settlements. And finally, the more action-oriented side of the game is discussed in two entries devoted to the design of its many different weapons, from regular stuff like shotguns and miniguns to more powerful tools of destruction, such as machine guns and flamethrowers.