The super stylish bullet-dodging and gravity-defying FPS Severed Steel has received another free update on PC, courtesy of developer Greylock Studio.
Campaign Update 3.0, the shooter’s biggest update yet, includes 12 new levels (playable in Campaign and Firefight modes, and taking the total number of levels to 42), four new weapons (sawed-off shotgun, lever-action rifle, silenced pistol, silenced SMG), a new arm cannon (Meta Grenade), 16 new songs composed by Floating Door, new level editor features, and various balancing and optimization for existing levels, weapons, enemies and AI.
Full patch notes for Campaign Update 3.0:
To coincide with Campaign Update 3.0 going live, Severed Steel is on sale with a 33% discount on Steam this weekend, starting Saturday, 22nd January, 10am PT, and running until Monday, 24th January, 10am PT.
Campaign Update 3.0 marks the third major update for Severed Steel since the game launched on PC in 2021. Greylock Studio is already working on a fourth update, which is scheduled to release in March and will focus on further improving and expanding the game’s level editor. In addition to refining the level editor’s usability, the update will also allow users to make their own campaigns.
Severed Steel is out now for PC and has a 93% positve user rating on Steam from almost a thousand reviews. It also recently received an ‘Honorable Mention’ for ‘Excellence in Audio’ as part of this year’s Independent Games Festival nominations.
Console players will be able to enjoy Severed Steel later this year (Q3 2022) when it launches on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch.
About the Game
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives, flips, and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A unique fighter: Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands
- Stylish combat: Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights
- Fully destructible environment: Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs, or make big holes in things with your arm cannon
- Dynamic AI: No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI
- Firefight Mode: Chase high scores and fast times for leaderboard acclaim in this arcade-styled mode. Features 42 levels, each with their own sub-challenges, and over 20 unlockable, game modifying ‘Mutators’
- Campaign Mode: Blast through six compact story chapters as you battle against the forces of nefarious mega-corporation, EdenSys
- Accessibility: A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more
- Level Editor (with Steam Workshop support): Build levels and share them with the community. Note: This feature is in beta and will continue to be updated post-launch