Spanish indie publisher BlitWorks is happy to announce that the roguelite platformer Vagante launches today on XBOX One, Series S|X, PlayStation 4|5 and Nintendo Switch at a price of 14.99 USD | 13.99 EUR. The title is the first and only project to date released by the three-people North American studio Nuke Nine, together with composer Sam English. In Vagante, players can join up to 3 other friends locally or online in the search for an insurmountable treasure, and face the dangerous dungeons inhabited by fierce creatures and bosses!
Vagante is a challenging class-based roguelike with emphasis on combat, the gameplay is influenced by the Spelunky series and Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, the art uses desaturated but warm colors with a bit of a gritty style, influenced by titles like Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story.
After 5 years in development, the PC version of the game has been widely acclaimed by players, counting with more than 3000 player reviews on Steam, 90% of them positive, the community has been constantly growing since 2014, first thanks to Kickstarter, then to Early Access and word of mouth.
- Support for up-to 4 players Local and Online Co-op – Join your friends and jump into the adventure!
- Class-based, Choose How You Play – Choose a unique class, skin, and background, then customize your character further as you play with your choice of unique class skills at each level.
- Procedurally Generated Dungeons – With procedurally generated levels, no two runs are ever the same, allowing for countless hours of gameplay.
- Permadeath and permanent specializations unlock system – As players progress further in the adventure, they will count with a broader range of playstyles, their characters won’t be technically stronger but instead their experience and learnings will make their skills improve over time.
- Enchanted Items – Discover magic items that bestow powerful enchantments and game changing abilities.
- Discover Secrets – Keep track of unlocked classes, backgrounds, music, and more in the Book of Secrets.
- Explore a Rich World – Explore four unique areas each with their own set of dangers such as monsters, unique bosses, and traps.
- Tough, but Fair – Play a game designed for players looking for a challenging but rewarding experience.