Capricia Productions released today the final teaser trailer of its upcoming game, Of Bird And Cage, set to be released on May 20th for $14.99/€12.99 (check Steam for regional equivalences), with a 10% off launch discount. This metal music-driven narrative game offers a unique gameplay experience that blends music, narrative and gameplay in a gut-wrenching story.
Of Bird And Cage is a dark, twisted tale loosely inspired by “Beauty and the Beast”: you play as Gitta Bardot, a young drug addict and aspiring singer with a traumatic past, trying to break free from the prison (physical, but also mental) where her captor Bres Lupus is holding her. Of Bird And Cage has now a free demo on Steam (available until May 18th) that allows you to experience the first two time-limited levels.
ABOUT OF BIRD AND CAGE
Of Bird and Cage is an intense music-driven narrative adventure, a unique hybrid between a conceptual symphonic metal album and a game, telling a dark, twisted tale based on Beauty and the Beast through the emotional power of metal music. The game features artists from several renowned groups like (ex) Guns N’ Roses, Epica, Within Temptation, and many others.
You play as Gitta Barbot, a 25-year-old drug addict girl who tries to escape from the physical and mental prison of her captor — a man called Bres Lupus. Experiencing Gitta’s life from her childhood to the present day, you will have to make choices that will have dire consequences, and watch how your actions reveal new paths while struggling to keep your sanity.
Follow the twisted relationship between these two characters, portrayed in a gut-wrenching way. Happy endings don’t come easily here. In this first-person hybrid of a concept album and a game, your choices and actions will shape the narrative.
- Kobra Paige (Kobra and the Lotus)
- Davidavi ‘Vidi’ Dolev (Gunned Down Horses)
- Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (ex-Guns N’ Roses)
- Rob van der Loo (Epica)
- Ruud Jolie (Within Temptation)
- Danny Worsnop (Asking Alexandria)
- Casey Grillo (ex-Kamelot)
- Rocky Gray (ex-Evanescence)
- Mike Lepond (Symphony X)
- Tina Guo
- Snowy Shaw (ex-King Diamond, ex-Therion)
- Listen to a two-hour-long symphonic metal album in the form of a new, fresh interactive experience – the first of its kind! With original songs by the composer Arnold Nensis.
- Shape the story through your decisions and lead Gitta to multiple endings.
- Choose wisely, but quick enough: the world is fully synced with its soundtrack, so the time to act will be always limited to the length of each song.