Merge Games and Fun Creators, today released a new trailer to announce the launch of first person action-adventure game Guise of the Wolf out tomorrow (Jan 24, 2014) on PC.
Developed by Fun Creators, Guise of the Wolf was greenlit by the Steam Community in Autumn 2013. The game is a first person gothic action adventure game set in the medieval kingdom of Uhorsko. You play Dominik, a young alchemist summoned to protect the kingdom from a ravenous beast. Dominik’s goals soon change as he discovers he has been bitten, and cursed to become the very thing he set out to stop.
- Transformation – Use moonlight to transform into a werewolf at any time. Transformation can be prolonged by killing humans, breaking stone beacons or standing in the moonlight.
- Survival – Run, hide and survive being hunted in the darkest places.
- Solve puzzles – Pick the perfect time to switch between human and werewolf to solve puzzles such as creating potions by mixing ingredients.
- Stealth tactics – Steal gold and rare items from castle inhabitants and try your hand at lock picking.
- Discovery – Use your map and explore a vast castle to unravel its mystery.
- Intrigue – Experience a mysterious story with multiple endings.
- Atmospheric – A classic indie-style with a gothic theme.
- VO – Full voice-over dialogue and subtitles to deliver the chilling tale.
- Original music – Soundtrack developed exclusively for the game included in the digital copy.
Now you Dominik must delve further into a dark castle in search of a cure, and cold answers to the enigma you find yourself entangled in along the way. Playing as Dominik’s human and werewolf form you smoothly switch between the two to solve puzzles, smash obstacles and proceed on the epic adventure.
The game is a combination of action and adventure gameplay elements. As a werewolf you use your powers to fight and smash obstacles. As a human you employ stealth tactics such as hiding and stealing items from castle inhabitants.