Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. (“Harmonix”) and Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (“Mad Catz”) are excited to reveal that new and groundbreaking “Freestyle Guitar Solo” gameplay is coming to Rock Band 4, the next generation of the award-winning social and interactive music gaming platform, for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One™, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft®.
In order to ensure they can start rocking on launch day, fans can now pre-order the game and hardware; details can be found at http://www.rockband.com. Rock Band 4 will be available October 6.
LEAVE THE NOTES BEHIND – IT’S TIME FOR YOUR SOLO
In Rock Band 4, guitarists can now express themselves like never before, leaving their own mark on their favorite tracks with new “Freestyle Guitar Solo” gameplay. No music lessons or expertise needed, “Freestyle Guitar Solos” allow players of any skill level to string together face-melting and truly original legendary solos. Using Positive Grid’s BIAS revolutionary amp and effects modeling technology, players will experience the sound and feel of legendary modern and classic rigs, giving player-created solos an incredible and authentic tone.
Featuring remarkable depth that will challenge even the most seasoned Rock Band players, with “Freestyle Guitar Solos,” players can take the fantasy of becoming a guitar god to the next level!
“Freestyle Guitar Solo” gameplay complements a suite of new features that take the full-band game experience of Rock Band to the next level, including advanced vocal gameplay, update party features, and a dynamic band story campaign.
MORE MUSIC, MORE FUN More than 1500 songs are planned to be compatible with Rock Band 4. An eclectic mix of on-disc songs have also been confirmed, with more announcements on the way leading up through launch.
New music includes:
- Avenged Sevenfold – “Hail to the King”
- Benjamin Booker – “Violent Shiver” *
- Elvis Presley – “Suspicious Minds” *
- Fleetwood Mac – “You Make Loving Fun”
- Jack White – “Lazaretto”
- The Killers – “Somebody Told Me”
- Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars – “Uptown Funk” *
- Queens of the Stone Age – “My God Is The Sun” *
- Scandal – “The Warrior” *
- Spin Doctors – “Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong”
- The Who – “The Seeker”
* Indicates newly announced song
Starting today, fans can pre-order the following hardware and software bundles:
- Band-in-a-Box™ Bundle, which includes Rock Band 4, a Wireless Fender™ Stratocaster™ Guitar Controller, a Wireless Drum Kit Controller and a USB Microphone.
- Guitar Bundle, which includes Rock Band 4 and a Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller.
For further pre-order information and details of pre-order incentives, please visit: http://www.rockband.com/.
For more information on Rock Band 4 and to stay up to date with the latest news and announcements, head over to http://www.harmonixmusic.com and http://www.madcatz.com, and follow @RockBand and @MadCatz on Twitter for updates.