Get your engines started! LEGO® 2K Drive launches worldwide next Friday, May 19, 2023. Developed by Visual Concepts, LEGO 2K Drive evolves the iconic LEGO play experience with a vast, open world where players can build their dream vehicles, drive anywhere, and become a LEGO racing legend. Gear up for launch with a closer look at everything there is to do in the world of Bricklandia.
Four Modes to Explore
There are tons of open-world exploration and thrilling races in LEGO 2K Drive‘s four modes.
- Story – Play solo or in splitscreen co-op on your journey from rookie racer to famous champion as you compete against a series of charismatic rivals with hopes of one day winning the coveted Sky Cup Trophy. With each victory, you’ll work your way up the ranks to take on the infamous Shadow Z road villain.
- Cup Series – Get the Grand Prix experience in Cup Series mode, featuring multiple tracks back-to-back. You’ll score points after each race based on your finishing place, and those with the highest point totals get the top spots on the podium. There is a Grand Brix Cup Series for every biome in Bricklandia.
- Race – Looking to get straight to the action as fast as possible? Check out the Race mode, where you can choose any course and License Class level (determining overall speed and available abilities) to start driving right away.
- Minigames – Minigames have unique objectives that aren’t based on crossing a finish line, and speed isn’t the only thing required to succeed. In Defend Minigames, you need to smash waves of marching robots to protect objectives, while Rescue Minigames get hectic as you battle groups of roaming baddies and pick up helpless townspeople.
Play Together and Crossplay Details
Enjoy driving with other players both locally and online with LEGO 2K Drive‘s multiplayer.
- Local Play / Splitscreen – On all platforms, you can enjoy in-person driving action with two-player splitscreen. On Nintendo Switch, two players can also link up for Local Play using two Nintendo Switch systems on the same wireless connection.
- Play with Friends Online – Party up with crossplay available on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store.* The biggest mode in Play With Friends is Shared World, where up to six players can join up online and race around the vast expanse of Bricklandia simultaneously. Play With Friends also lets your party see who is the fastest driver in Cup Series and Race modes.
- Play with Everyone Online – See how you stack up against racers from around the globe in the Play With Everyone online multiplayer mode, including crossplay on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store.* You’ll be matchmade with other racers of your skill level to compete in Cup Series or Race events. To ensure a safe, welcoming environment for all, you won’t have any communication with other players. Skilled driving, cool vehicle choices, and customization are the only ways to express yourself.
Customization and Sharing
The Garage is where you’ll build and modify vehicles in LEGO 2K Drive. You have the power to make the vehicles of your dreams in the Garage, customizing every brick from nose to tail. Right from the get-go, you’ll have hundreds of bricks to build with, sorted by type and category, with over 1,000 unique LEGO pieces available over the course of the adventure.
All vehicles in LEGO 2K Drive have their own stats, including Top Speed, Acceleration, Handling, Health, Melee Power, and Weight. The more bricks you have in your vehicle, the heavier it gets, affecting your Weight class. Each of the six Weight classes from Super Light to Massive have advantages and weaknesses, so play around and find out what works best for you. Every vehicle is designed to ensure there is a balanced experience. A vehicle with a particularly high stat in one area must have a trade off in another area.
There are tons of customization options for your builds, from individual brick shapes and paint jobs to finer details like the sound of your horn and engine. Swap out the wheels, switch up the placement of the driver’s seat, add a personal touch to your vehicle with a sticker or a fun piece of flair, and more.
Post-launch, we’ll also be introducing the ability for players to share customizations with friends and the community online.
LEGO 2K Drive Standard Edition will be available worldwide on May 19, 2023 for Nintendo SwitchTM, PlayStation®5 (PS5™), PlayStation®4 (PS4™), Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store.
Pre-orders have begun on all platforms, and players who pre-order the Standard Edition or Cross-Gen Standard Edition before launch day will receive the Aquadirt Racer Pack (Digital).
The ESRB rating for LEGO 2K Drive is E10+. For screenshots, key art, and other visual assets, please visit newsroom.2k.com. To learn more, please visit https://lego.2k.com/drive/ and follow on TikTok, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.