New Playable Characters Detailed for DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION and DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS
TECMO KOEI America today introduced the line-up of new warriors that expand the existing mammoth roster of over 80 playable characters in DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION and DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREMELEGENDS. Chen Gong, Fa Zheng, Lu Lingqi, Yu Jin and Zhu Ran now join the historic struggle for dominance in DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PlayStation®Vita handheld system and DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
Both titles will be released simultaneously across North America on March 25, 2014.
- Chen Gong– An ambitious and humorous strategist for Lu Bu, he is willing to make any sacrifice to see himself rise to the top. He once served under Cao Cao, but switched sides when he realized his ambitions would not be satisfied.
- Fa Zheng– A strategist without morals and a key figure in Liu Bei’s efforts to take over the land of Shu. He is a brilliant tactician who has pacified Yi Province with his strategies, and participated in the invasion of Hanzhong. He strongly believes in repaying his debts, whether it be for good or ill.
- Lu Lingqi– A brave warrior princess, and daughter of Lu Bu, who possesses great fighting ability much like her father, she uses her courage to stand in the front lines of any battle.
- Yu Jin– An invincible general promoted by Wei leader Cao Cao. He places a strong emphasis on military discipline, and his unyielding personality causes him to be feared by friend and foe alike.
- Zhu Ran– A fledgling warrior who has since been promoted within the Wu ranks. Although young, he distinguished himself in the suppression of a group of mountain bandits and during the Battle of Ruxukou.
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS (DW8XL) for PlayStation®3, is a stand-alone expansion of the highly successful Dynasty Warriors 8, which was released in July 2013 to critical acclaim. It will include new episodes that add to the story of the three kingdoms the game revolves around, focusing on the exploits of the mightiest of warriors, Lu Bu. Additionally, DW8XL will see the introduction of five new characters, giving players the option to choose between 82 warriors in total. DW8XL will also feature multiple hypothetical scenarios that alter the plotlines of various episodes throughout the ‘Romance of the Three Kingdoms’ story, an expanded Ambition Mode and the popular Challenge Mode. The Free Mode has also been significantly enhanced, featuring among other things, the Xtreme Legendsdifficulty level.
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION for the PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®Vita, is a treat for Dynasty Warriors fans that have migrated to the new generation of consoles. The Complete Edition includes all of the content from both DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 and DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS, thus giving new fans the opportunity to play through both titles. As an added bonus, PlayStation®3 system Dynasty Warriors 8 save data is transferable across all platforms.
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION and DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS have been rated T for Teen by the ESRB.
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 is a historical tactical action game that follows the stories of the kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu and Jin through the actions of historical military and political figures of the time as they fight to gain control over the Three Kingdoms of China. It features more than 40 completely new stages: verdant plains, desolate wastelands, sharp ravines, huge castles, and other breath-taking sites, giving stronger emphasis in the stage of these epic battles and inspired by ancient landscapes.