Unexplored 2 coming to Xbox Series X
The anticipated action-RPG Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy is coming to console first on Xbox, and will launch simultaneously on Xbox One and Xbox Series X. The roguelite with the distinct graphical style will support 4K resolution gaming at 60 frames per second.
“A new console generation is always an exciting time and I’m delighted Unexplored 2 is going to be among the first games to launch on Xbox Series X,” says Nick Alfieri, Director of Unexplored 2 publisher Big Sugar.
“The team at Ludomotion are masters of their craft and, as someone who has put many enjoyable hours into the original Unexplored, I’m thrilled to see their ambitious plans for the sequel coming to fruition.”
To celebrate the news of Unexplored 2 coming to Xbox Series X, the team at Ludomotion created a compact trailer, full of new footage and narrated by Game Director Joris Dormans:
One quest. Unlimited adventure. Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy is a roguelite action-RPG and prodigious sequel to the critically acclaimed indie gem, Unexplored. Leave the Dungeon of Doom behind and venture into a vast, wondrous world as you embark on a heroic quest to destroy the mysterious Staff of Yendor.
Explore beautiful landscapes and discover hidden marvels. Encounter magical creatures and dangerous foes. Make brave choices and put your faith in good fortune. Featuring a unique legacy system, advanced procedural generation technology, and rich, generative storytelling, Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy is an adventure like no other.
- Legacy system: the actions of past heroes impact the fortunes of those that follow in their footsteps. Use your legacy wisely to give successive adventurers greater hopes of completing their quest
- Permadeath in a persistent world: when a hero dies, they stay dead. But you can choose to return to the same world with a new adventurer, forearmed with knowledge of what lies ahead. Or, if you prefer, begin a new adventure in a completely uncharted world
- Generative storytelling: there is no premeditated script in Unexplored 2. Every adventurer’s ultimate goal may be the same – to destroy the Staff of Yendor – but every hero will have their own unique story of the events and encounters that happened along the way
- Procedural generation: Ludomotion’s proprietary technology generates content that feels designed by humans, not algorithms, and can create a near infinite number of new lands, new places, new stories, and new challenges to discover
- Orchestral adaptive soundtrack: an intricate system allows Unexplored 2‘s music to be arranged reactively, making subtle changes to the score at appropriate times, whether a moment of high emotion, or to provide foreshadowing
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy is currently scheduled for release in Q1 2021 on Xbox and Epic Games Store.
An Unexplored 2 beta for PC players will begin on the Epic Games Store in the coming weeks. Anyone wishing to participate can sign-up here: https://www.bigsugar.games/beta