Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power now available on Steam Early Access
Frozenbyte has launched Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power on Steam Early Access.
“We’re doing a lot of firsts here – our first Early Access, our first full 3D adventure, and our first level editor release at launch. We hope to get a lot of feedback to make sure we focus on the right things, and we want to involve the community right from the start,” says Frozenbyte CEO Lauri Hyvärinen.
The Early Access period starts with two fully playable Story levels and two non-story related levels. The third Story level will be available in May, and the full version of the game is expected in the fall 2015.
During the Early Access period, players will also have access to “Challenge Levels”, which are new to the Trine series. They are a set of levels which put the player’s skills to the ultimate test, featuring crazy contraptions, character-driven level design, and ridiculous puzzles. One Challenge Level is in the Early Access build already, with more coming soon.
A level editor is also included in the Early Access build, as is an experimental “amusement park” level where physics go wild in many crazy puzzles and upcoming level bits. In total, players will be able to try out four different levels on the Early Access launch day.
About Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power
Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief have slowly come to the conclusion that having their lives commandeered by a powerful magical artifact is not a desirable state of existence on a permanent basis.
The heroes try to return their extraordinary gifts to the Artifact called Trine, and so they meddle with powers beyond their understanding. Trine shatters. With a literally heartless ancient sorcerer on the loose, and only a broken artifact to guide them, the heroes must try and repair the damage they’ve caused… or the damage that might yet be done.
- Online and Local Co-op – Up to three players can play online and local co-up. Any mix is possible (for example 2 local, 1 online) and you can switch from singleplayer to multiplayer and vice versa. Play with your Steam friends and explore the secrets together!
- Challenge Levels – The ultimate test to your skills, the Challenge Levels feature the most incredible contraptions, character-driven design, and ridiculous puzzles. Collect experience shards to unlock more Challenge Levels.
- Soundtrack – Award-winning composer Ari Pulkkinen returns for an amazing fantasy soundtrack! The feels, man.
- Fantastic Fantasy – Adventure through breathtakingly beautiful landscapes in an enchanting fairytale world, and for the first time ever explore the Trine world in a full 3D setting, allowing you to go check out all the nooks and crannies that have been so alluring in the past.
- Full language support for English – The game features full language support for English (voice + subtitles on/off). Other languages coming later during Early Access (ask the discussions for specific details).
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is available now on Steam Early Access for $19.99 / 19.99€ / £14.99, and a 10% discount is applied during the first week of the Early Access launch.