Thrilling Co-op Twin-Stick Shooter Trident’s Wake Adds Major New Content
With extensive community feedback and plenty of hard work, developer Bacus Studios and publisher Graffiti Games are today releasing the first major update for the procedurally-generated, co-operative twin-stick shooter Trident’s Wake. Available in Steam Early Access (PC) for $14.99 USD, Trident’s Wake has players control and customize mechanized chassis, called Sentinels, as they blast hordes of enemies and defend against an unknown alien force.
With both online and local multiplayer, up-to-4 players can join together to save the remnants of mankind, which have taken refuge in a colony ship called Trident – civilization’s last bastion of hope. The Trident, however, has been overrun by an unknown alien force and it’s up to players to customize their Sentinels with deadly firepower and work together to save their society from annihilation.
Today’s major update includes:
- New Sentinel: Roka – A hardy “tank-style” Sentinel with extra health that can take a beating. The Roka focuses on closing pathways by dropping an energy wall that can provide relief when the enemy attacks in hordes.
- New Sector: Crew Quarters – A once cozy section of the Trident featuring trees, park areas and other outdoor-styled amenities, it has now been occupied by enemy forces that must be destroyed.
- Improved Hosting and Steam Invite
- Voice Chat
- A Cinematic Intro That Provides The Game’s Backstory
- Sentinel Garage Animations
- Much More
“Trident’s Wake has an amazing community that is providing valuable feedback during Early Access, which we used to shape our first major update,” said Ignacio “Nacho” Baldini, C.E.O. and Founder of Bacus Studios. “We want to show the community that they are truly helping to shape the game and we can’t wait to use their continued feedback for the next major update.”