Skyhill: Black Mist reveals live-action trailer
Klabater and Mandragora Games have revealed an all-new live action teaser for Skyhill: Black Mist, an upcoming horror-survival game to be released this fall. Skyhill: Black Mist will be showcased at Gamescom 2019 and attendees will get the chance to see the game in action with hands-on demo. Skyhill: Black Mist is the follow-up title Skyhill which has been well received by fans selling over 200,000 copies.
”Skyhill: Black Mist is not your typical survival or horror game, it is much more story oriented. Hence the idea of live-action trailer to make it more human and emotional. We hear voices from terrified guests, minutes after someone or something takes over the building. It could have happened in the real world. And when hell breaks loose, our main hero starts his desperate run for survival. So, this movie is like an introduction to our story.” Said Eugene Kisterev, Studio Head at Manadragora.
In Skyhill: Black Mist players awake inside a huge and luxurious condominium built by Skyhill Inc., an omnipotent bio-tech corporation that controls every aspect of the entire city. As one Skyhill’s new employees, players will follow the game’s hero as he moves into the new apartment unaware of what is to come. Things quickly go terribly wrong and players will have to contend with the dark monsters and possessed cultists that have suddenly invaded mazelike corridors of the Skyhill complex as they search for the protagonist’s missing daughter. Players will have to survive in the labyrinth of hallways and avoid a threatening black mist which has turned humans into vile creatures.
“We want to build a whole story around the game. That’s why we’ve also plan several unique promo activities for Black Mist. It’s the survival genre at its best but also heavily loaded with a touching plot.” Added Lukasz Mach CMO at Klabater.
In Skyhill: Black Mist players will explore the vast and varied locations of the haunted condominium, manage depleting supplies and take part in stealth-oriented encounters. Whether opting for brutal force, remaining unseen or by finding hidden passages to avoid obstacles, players will be able to choose how to overcome the difficulties they’re presented in Black Mist. Caution is key in Black Mist as enemies are extremely dangerous, the environment is unforgiving and even slightest mistake can result in a heavy cost. Skyhill: Black Mist presents players with a unique blend of stealth-action, survival and RPG genres set in modern dystopian world.
A list of features includes:
- Non-linear exploration – Carve your own way in the semi-open world of Skyhill condominium, and within buildings such as, schools, shopping centers, business lounges, cinemas, underground parking spaces and variety of other technical locations.
- Survival at all cost – Infected by mysterious black mist, you’re slowly dying… You’re constantly in danger, you have to search for medicine to heal your wounds, gather and manage resources, craft new tools and weapons to survive as long as possible in this hostile environment. And above all else, you need to find a way to stop a mysterious black mist.
- Story-driven plot – Immerse yourself in a twisted story full of unexpected turns, where the line between reality and illusion is heavily blurred.
- Play Your Way – Solve problems however you choose. Use the environment to your advantage, lure enemies into traps, sneak using stealth or hit them hard with brute force, you decide.
- Mysterious Threat – Nothing is as it seems, distinguish reality from illusions to find out what’s real and what’s not to solve the mystery of the dark mist’s origins.
“Original Skyhill was a great sucess for us, but as a developer we’re always looking to raise the bar higher and explore new areas.” Said Eugene Kisterev. “Skyhill: Black Mist is a completely new opening for the series in terms of gameplay but is also much more story-driven than the original. We’re excited to have teamed up with Klabater because they are very story-focused publisher, most of their titles rely on touching stories and that is exactly what we wanted to do with Skyhill: Black Mist – to make a great survival game but also loaded with cool narration and real emotions.”
Skyhill: Black Mist is scheduled for release in Fall 2019 and will be available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Players can wishlist Skyhill: Black Mist now by visiting the official Steam page. For more information on Skyhill: Black Mist visit the official site here.