Skater XL Mod Content Now Available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC
Easy Day Studios is proud to announce that community created mods in Skater XL are available now on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Steam. This cross-platform mod integration initially delivers more than 250 pieces of content including maps, gear, and skins with more on the way. This first drop marks the beginning of regular community created content drops to Skater XL powered by mod.io – all at a push of a button.
“This is such a huge step towards what we always thought skateboarding games should become – an open, creative platform driven by the community,” stated Dain Hedgpeth, Co-Founder at Easy Day Studios. “It’s been mind blowing seeing the volume and quality of content coming out of the Skater XL ecosystem. Now, players on all platforms will have this ever growing marketplace of maps, skins and fakeskate gear available and built right into the game experience.”
The Skater XL Update Features:
- True Cross-platform Community Mods Integration: An easy to use mod browser has been integrated right into the game menu. The first rollout of gear and maps is now available to Skater XL players on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Community created content will frequently be added as new items are created and also from the existing backlog of over 7,000 items, all easily accessible and installed at the push of a button.
- New Community Maps: New versions of three community maps have been ported for all platforms and made available for download. Easy Day Studios has collaborated with their original creators to deliver “Optimized by Easy Day” versions of the following mod maps:
- Riverfern – Created by Taitjames from Sydney, Australia – This map features a mash-up of real life skate spots found in the land down under.
- Quebec Skate Plaza – Created by AlexLaskka from Quebec City Canada – This map is a highly accurate replica of the well known skate park found in the great white north.
- Applewood Park – Created by ROARTEX89 from Kent, England – This map caters to all skating styles with huge stair sets, its own skatepark, hubba ledges, techy manual pads and more.
- Mod Content Galore: Over 250 pieces of modded content are available now including customized decks, clothing, shoes, trucks, wheels, hair colors, tattoos and more.
- New Official Skate Brands: Accessorize your Skater XL characters with new official skate brands including Illegal Civ, Uma Landsleds, Cariuma Footwear, MACBALIFE, and Am Grip.
Dive into skateboarding paradise with levels that feature famous skate landmarks and environmental elements, including Downtown LA, the ginormous Big Ramp, Easy Day High, and community created maps like Grant Park, Hudland, and Streets. Play as skateboarding pros Tiago Lemos, Evan Smith, Tom Asta, and Brandon Westgate, or customize and create your own skateboarding legend with gear from more than 30 real skate brands. Explore hundreds of mods, maps, digital skate zines, personal highlight replays, and more from the Skater XL community that celebrates this new era of digital skateboarding.
Skater XL is now available as a for $39.99 USD on PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, and at brick and mortar retailers for PS4 and Xbox One. For the latest news and updates on Skater XL, follow the game on Instagram and Twitter, “Like” us on Facebook, and visit the official website, SkaterXL.com.