Shenmue III Now Available
Today Deep Silver and YS Net celebrate the launch of Shenmue III for the PlayStation 4 and PC. Created by pioneering game designer Yu Suzuki, the road to launching Shenmue III has been a long one. Eighteen years and one record-setting Kickstarter later, the third chapter in this fan favorite series makes its debut on store shelves starting today. Shenmue III for the PlayStation®4 has an MSRP of $59.99, digital or retail. Shenmue III is available as a PC digital-only download on the Epic Games Store for $49.99.
Shenmue III sees the continuation of the beloved epic saga which won fans over with its distinct storytelling and immersive atmosphere. In Shenmue III, players will aide martial artist Ryo Hazuki as he investigates his father’s murder.
The next chapter of Ryo’s adventure will lead him through an engrossing open world as he searches for clues, examines objects and gathers information from the people he meets, taking players further into enemy territory, deeper into mystery, and even closer to their destiny.
“Thank you so much for your enduring support these 18 years since Shenmue II… I hope from the bottom of my heart that Shenmue III becomes special for you, truly I thank you!” – Yu Suzuki, Creator of Shenmue
For all fans old and new alike, check out the extended documentary-style Out Now trailer featuring content from the 37th annual Golden Joystick Awards
- One of the most anticipated video games in history, from legendary game developer, Yu Suzuki
- Epic Adventure – Immerse yourself in the stunning and magical world of Shenmue
- Breathing, Living World – Explore inside and outside buildings, take on part-time jobs, play arcade games, and interact with local inhabitants of beautiful Chinese locales
- Martial Arts Action – Put your training and upgraded skills to the test via intense free battles and Quick Time Events
- Solve the Mystery – Converse with a colorful and diverse cast of characters and follow leads from those who hold the answers to the mysterious Phoenix Mirror…
About Shenmue III
Shenmue III is the eagerly anticipated sequel to Dreamcast classics Shenmue (1999) and Shenmue II (2001). The brainchild of award-winning game director, Yu Suzuki, Shenmue set out to combine action gameplay from his arcade classic Virtua Fighter with RPG mechanics to weave a long-form epic for home consoles. Commonly known as one of the most ambitious game projects in history, Shenmue captured the imagination of players from around the world with its unique setting, intimate and cinematic character-focused story, realistic battles, and fun mini-games. Many of the features pioneered in Shenmue are now commonplace in modern games, including open world and Quick Time Event gameplay. Shenmue III was officially announced on stage at Sony’s E3 2015 press conference and simultaneously launched on crowdfunding platform Kickstarter, breaking two Guinness World Records upon raising more than $6 million dollars. The game is currently in development at Yu Suzuki’s independent company, Ys Net, located in Tokyo along with many original Shenmue team members.