New video for World of Darkness VR horror game Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife
VR game developer Fast Travel Games has released a new video for their upcoming horror title Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife; the first ever VR game set in the popular World of Darkness universe. In addition to exclusive development footage from the Oculus Quest 2 version of the game, the video also reveals 5 main reasons why Fast Travel Games believes VR gamers will want to enter the Shadowlands early next year.
The 5 reasons listed in the video are:
- You are a Wraith with supernatural powers
- There is a horrifying mystery to unravel
- The Barclay Mansion is not your typical haunted house
- Stay away from the Spectres
- It all takes place in the World of Darkness
Even the dead are terrified inside the Barclay Mansion. As a Wraith, unravel its secrets and hide from the sinister Spectres trailing your footsteps. Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife is a first person VR horror exploration game set in the World of Darkness universe.
- Become a Wraith: As a spirit of the dead you can manipulate objects from a distance, change the environment around you or pass through solid walls. Your Wraith powers grow as you delve deeper into the Shadowlands, allowing you to reach new areas.
- The Barclay Mansion: Set against a backdrop of modern Hollywood decadence and occult research, explore the massive Barclay Mansion to gradually reveal its terrifying history. You are not alone in there, so use both caution and stealth.
- A World of Dark Secrets: Afterlife shares the same universe as Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse, where monsters are real and live among us. For the first time in history, play a World of Darkness game from the Wraith’s perspective.
Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife will be released early 2021 on all the major VR headsets, and is currently available for Wishlisting on Steam and the Oculus Store. It supports cross-buy between the Quest & Rift versions.
For more information about World of Darkness, visit the official website.