New Online Mode Revealed for Super Mega Baseball 3
– Metalhead Software today announces Custom Pennant Race, a major new online mode coming to Super Mega Baseball 3, alongside a reveal video for the post-launch feature. The sequel to the award-winning franchise, Super Mega Baseball 3 will launch May 13th at 9 a.m. PDT on Nintendo Switch™, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Steam for $44.99 USD.
Custom Pennant Race mode builds upon the existing Pennant Race mode by allowing players to organize a private cross-platform Pennant Race and invite their friends to participate (up to 32 total players). The mode will allow custom settings for competitive or casual play, including the duration of the Pennant Race, innings per game, and more. This mode will release as a free post-launch update in early Summer 2020.
“Custom Pennant Race mode is a game changer for how we play Super Mega Baseball 3 with friends,” said Metalhead co-founder Scott Drader. “The idea for the mode came to us as a way to address a lot of feature requests we’ve had from the community, using the existing Pennant Race mode as the foundation.”
Coming in Super Mega Baseball 3:
Step up to the plate and experience the deepest on-field simulation yet, comprehensive online and offline game modes including a brand new Franchise mode, and vastly refined graphics. Super Mega Baseball 3 offers a revamped user interface plus tons of new audio, team/character content, and stadiums with variable lighting conditions. All this with the same easy-to-learn gameplay that scales seamlessly from beginner to super mega levels of difficulty.
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online only, controller only).
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).
- An SMB2 Team Import tool will allow users to import their custom rosters from SMB2 to use in SMB3. This feature will come in an update soon after launch.