NASCAR ’14 Is Now Available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC
As the “Great American Race” approaches, NASCAR is hitting the gas on the racetrack and into gamers’ homes with the release of NASCAR ’14. Deep Silver announced today that the racing game NASCAR ’14, developed by ETX Racing, is available in North America on the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Steam for Windows PC for the suggested retail price of $49.99.
NASCAR ’14 includes the most requested gaming feature: online leagues, allowing gamers to band together to overtake rivals on the track. NASCAR ’14 also delivers skill-based matchmaking for the first time in franchise history.
When gamers aren’t competing online, they can build their career or take the wheel of their favorite drivers to relive the best NASCAR moments from 2013 and purchase new 2014 highlights throughout the season. Using authentic physics and real race data from licensed drivers, and featuring all NASCAR-sanctioned tracks, fans can keep current with the 2014 NASCAR season by buying monthly content packs filled with multiple races for only $5 each. NASCAR fans can now do more than just watch the race – they can drop into a recreation of an exact race moment soon after it happens to relive or rewrite history.
Tony Stewart, the three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion and winner of the “Drive For the Cover” contest, was chosen by more than 700,000 fans to appear on the front of the box. Today gamers can race as Stewart or more than 40 other licensed drivers in NASCAR ’14 and then watch him as he returns to the track at the Daytona 500 on February 23.
“Deep Silver is releasing the best NASCAR game yet,” said Deep Silver Inc. COO, Geoff Mulligan. “By delivering a true NASCAR experience that captures the competitive thrill of the sport, we are allowing hardcore fans to get as close to the track as possible.”
“With the Daytona 500 only a week away, the level of anticipation for the 2014 NASCAR season is reaching its climax with teams, drivers and fans,” said Blake Davidson, NASCAR Vice President of licensing and consumer products. “We are equally as excited about the launch of NASCAR ’14, as it brings our sport into the homes of gaming enthusiasts across the country.”
It’s your turn to immerse yourself in the full-throttle thrill of the world’s most exciting motor sports racing series in NASCAR ’14. Take the wheel from your favorite driver and participate in the race week experience complete with practice, qualifying and race day challenges. With your favorite personalities and replays, NASCAR ’14 is the authentic NASCAR experience for fans.
• NASCAR Highlights: Take advantage of “NASCAR Highlights” to determine the outcome of the biggest race thrills. Monthly DLC packs available for $5 each will feature key moments from recent races in the 2014 season. ETX Racing recreates the action where exact condition of the cars is the same and track positions are identical – the only difference is you!
• Career Mode: Work your way through the ranks in a comprehensive career mode; complete with custom car builds, sponsor acquisition and R&D to get your team into victory lane.
• Official Teams & Tracks: Race against the official NASCAR teams & drivers on your favorite tracks including the high banks of Daytona, the twists & turns of Sonoma and the exhilarating speed of Talladega.
• Leagues: Take competition to the next level and host online leagues with your friends, fully supported by statistics, challenges, rankings and replay.
• Online Multiplayer: Take advantage of dynamic skill-based matchmaking, tournaments and easy drop in/out server browser functionality for a fair and enjoyable experience.
NASCAR ’14 is on store shelves in North America today, February 18, 2014 and is rated “E” (for Everyone) by the ESRB.