Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) and Monolith Productions released the Shadow of Mordor – Season Pass Trailer, highlighting the line-up of great content included. Players who purchase Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor’s Season Pass will gain all-new story missions, challenge modes, runes and more for their journey through Mordor. The Season Pass is priced at $24.99.
The Season Pass includes:
New Story Missions, Including:
○ ‘Guardians of the Flaming Eye’ Orc Warband Mission
- Face Sauron’s elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Rising Flame rune
o ‘Lord of the Hunt’ Story Mission
- Players will gain new skills and earn unique epic runes as they hunt and tame legendary monsters of Mordor
o ‘The Bright Lord’ Story Mission
- Play as Celebrimbor, the great Elven king of the Second Age, and face Sauron and the might of his forces
Early access to the Trials of War, including:
○ Test of Speed Challenge Mode
- You can demonstrate your efficiency in battle and earn high scores for Talion’s speed in defeating your foes
o Test of Wisdom Challenge Mode
- You can prove your strategic abilities, through earning points for skill, speed and efficiency
o Endless Challenge Mode
- This mode will continually spawn new legions of enemies. The Runes that you will earn will provide powerful upgrades
Access to future content
○ Including runes, skins and additional add-on content
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor delivers a dynamic game environment where the player orchestrates their personal plan of vengeance as they bend Mordor to their will. The game begins on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor, as his Black Captains brutally execute the Rangers of the Black Gate. Players become Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance. Based on the player’s actions with the in-game Nemesis System, every enemy encountered is distinct and can evolve to become a personal archenemy through the course of the game. As Talion’s personal vendetta unfolds, players uncover the mystery of the Spirit that compels him, discover the origin of the Rings of Power and confront the ultimate nemesis.
The Palantir App is available to download for free from the App Store. A partnership between WBIE and Wikia, Palantir will sync with game assets and the final game, to reveal additional layers of information, insights and fan-authored content, creating a unique second-screen experience. Enable Palantir’s sync mode while the Shadow of Mordor – Season Pass Trailer video plays to try it out.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is available on September 30 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Steam; November 18th on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.