Mario and Sonic Team Up For A Spectacular Party Today!
Bowser rides a horse and Dr. Eggman jumps off the high dive. Luigi and Tails go on a quest to free Mario and Sonic from the Tokyo ’64 video game console, where they’ve been trapped as retro 8-bit and 16-bit versions of themselves.
Where else could that happen? Nowhere. And just in time for the holidays, you can experience these fun, entertaining adventures for yourselves with family and friends. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 is ready for you to join the party starting today, only on Nintendo Switch™!
Get everyone together and go for the gold with Mario & Sonic!
Here are three quirky ideas to create your own fun mem(e)ories this holiday season:
- Take a Leap of Fun: Jump off the high board, tap some buttons, and nail a splash-free execution in the 10m Platform Diving event with retro-style gameplay. Peach always keeps her crown on too, somehow.
- Paddle, Paddle Mario: In all his 2D, sprite-filled glory, show off Mario’s strong arms as he paddles his way to victory in Kayak!
- Luigi’s On Vacation from Chasing Ghosts: The plumber in green needs a break from all his frightening adventures – for some sharp turns and carving waves in Surfing!
- Brand New Story: Help Mario and Sonic escape from a 2D-themed console, the “Tokyo ’64,” hatched as part of Dr. Eggman’s and Bowser’s nefarious plans to trap the colorful and capable power pair.
- A Bountiful Medley of Events: Skateboard, surf, and race your way to the top of the podium! With more than 30 events to master in this fun-filled Olympic Games showdown, there are plenty of ways to prove your skills to your friends in local and online multiplayer.
- Push the Boundaries: Dream Events deliver a layer of fantastical chaos. Zip through a downhill obstacle course on your hoverboard, throwdown for territorial control with lightning-fast karate action, or smash the most targets inside a traditional Japanese manor!
- So Many Ways to Play*: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: The gang’s all here! Play as Mario, Sonic, and a star-studded cast of your favorite SEGA and Nintendo characters!
- 10m Platform (Diving)
- 400m Hurdles
- Gymnastics – Vault
- Kayak Single (K-1) 1000m
- Long Jump
- Shooting – Trap
You will also dash, climb, jump, surf and more in these fast-paced 3D events:
- 110m Hurdles
- 4 x 100m Relay
- Canoe Double (C-2) 1000m
- Discus Throw
- Equestrian – Jumping
- Football (Soccer)
- Gymnastics – Floor Exercise
- Javelin Throw
- Karate – Kumite
- Rugby Sevens
- Skateboarding – Park
- Sport Climbing
- Surfing – Shortboard
- Swimming – 100m Freestyle
- Table Tennis
- Triple Jump
The fun even goes beyond the limits of reality with all-new Dream Events:
- Dream Karate
- Dream Racing
- Dream Shooting
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 is now available exclusively for the Nintendo Switch in the Americas for $59.99 USD! The game will launch in Europe on November 8 with commensurate pricing. For more information, including where you can order the game, be sure to visit the official website.
*Joy-Con functionality does not extend to all events.