Mable & The Wood to Hit Steam August 23rd, Switch & XBO Soon After
Once upon a time, a long time ago – and yet perhaps it wasn’t such a very long time ago – Graffiti Games and Triplevision Games announced Mable & The Wood. Now the two come together again to reveal that the highly-anticipated Metroidvania game will release August 23rd for $14.99 USD on Steam (PC, Mac, Linux), with the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One version to follow soon after.
In Mable players hunt down massive beasts and, upon destroying them, shapeshift into their form in order to use their power to save or destroy the world. Players with less violent intent can find secret paths to complete Mable without killing anything, including bosses. Unlike most Metroidvanias Mable does not allow players to run, jump and kill on their own. Instead, they must use non-human forms to attack creatures and traverse through difficult challenges.
Discover the gargantuan creatures and dangerous beasts that plague Mable in this new trailer.
“Mable may seem like a normal little girl, but don’t underestimate her because her shapeshifting skills make her a formidable warrior,” said Andrew Stewart, Founder of Triplevision Games. “Players must master these skills in order to traverse through levels more quickly, slay the numerous enemies that plague the paths ahead, and to ultimately vanquish the gigantic bosses that look to destroy the world.”
The game’s key features include
- Free Reign – Players are free to make decisions on how they play and what they slay.
- Combat is Movement – Mable isn’t strong enough to lift her magical sword, so she must use it in unique ways to help move through the world. Players can use non-human forms to harm enemies for a limited time, but vanquishing creatures extends her power.
- Hunt Great Beasts and Take Their Shape – Defeat the great beasts to take their abilities and transform into a giant mole, medusa, spider and more.
- Explore a Dying World – A large and varied fantasy world, brought to life with state-of-the-art pixel technology and a beautiful original soundtrack.
- Multiple Endings – Mable features different routes to take through the world and secrets to discover that provide players with multiple endings.