First Gameplay Trailer for World of Darkness VR horror game Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife
Fast Travel Games has revealed the first gameplay trailer along with new game details for upcoming VR horror game Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife. Owners of Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift/S, HTC Vive, Valve Index or PSVR headsets will be able to enter the Shadowlands as a Wraith in Early 2021. Players can add Afterlife to a Wishlist now on Steam, Oculus Quest & Oculus Rift, with cross-buy support across both Oculus platforms.
Afterlife’s debut gameplay trailer shows the player moving around as a Wraith, while suddenly being chased by one of the sinister Specters roaming the Barclay Mansion.
Become a Wraith
Set in the World of Darkness, a modern fantasy horror universe where you are the monster, Afterlife shares the same setting as Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse. In Afterlife, the player becomes a Wraith, one of the restless dead with supernatural powers at their disposal. As they progress, their powers will grow, granting them access to new areas:
- Wraithgrasp: Allows the player to manipulate objects from a distance and change the environment around them.
- Sharpened Senses: Helps the player pick up distant whispers or track the movement of other spirits.
- Insubstantiality: Gives the player the power to walk through solid walls.
The Barclay Mansion
Afterlife plays against a backdrop of modern Hollywood decadence and occult research:
- The player will explore the massive Barclay Mansion to gradually reveal its terrifying history, and the reason behind their own death.
- The mansion is filled with apparitions and sinister Spectres trailing the players’ footsteps, each with its own background story and with a connection to the bigger mystery.
- To stay hidden and uncover the truth, players need to be stealthy and use objects to hunt for clues in the world around them.
A World of Dark Secrets
For the first time in history, players will get to experience a World of Darkness game from the Wraith’s perspective:
- As a Wraith, death is not the end. The player is caught between this life and the next, accompanied by their Shadow, a manifestation of their dark subconscious.
- The Shadowlands are the reflection of the daylight world: a place where the dead walk unseen, side by side with the living.
To access all available assets including Key Art, Screenshot and Trailer, please check our Media Kit.
For more information about World of Darkness, visit the official website.