Namco had one of the hottest booths of the show this year with a massive big-screen showing a cool mix of video from the floor plus hot tunes mixed by a real DJ. They also had the largest selection of incredibly hot booth babes at the show, most of them surrounding the actual race car dominating the center of the exhibit. With more than a dozen new titles on display, games like SRS, Ace Combat 5, and Dead to Rights II were huge attractions not to mention the new Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube.
Ace Combat 5 (PS2)
What can you say about the Ace Combat series? The franchise is still alive because the games keep reinventing themselves and getting better with each new release. Ace Combat 5 is no different and features all new visuals and gameplay elements to keep you flying the unfriendly skies for hours and hours.
Prepare for takeoff this fall.
- Dogfight and divebomb your way through one of the most thrilling, white–knuckled air combat games ever created.
- Introducing Wingman Command: control your entire squadron in–flight.
- Issue orders and coordinate group attacks. Your split–second decisions determine mission success or failure.
- Intriguing story spanning over 30 missions makes ACE COMBAT 5 bigger and better than ever before.
- ACE COMBAT 5 redefines realistic graphics in console air combat. Enjoy vividly rendered aircraft, exquisitely detailed environments, real–time weather effects and dynamic lighting. Stunning CG cinematics complement the epic storyline.
- Features over 50 unique, real–world planes with selectable color schemes.
- Multiple game modes—including the immensely popular Campaign Mode—and loads of unlockable content for hours of additional flying excitement.
Dead to Rights® II (Xbox/PS2)
Dead to Rights II marks the return of action hero Jack Slate and his K–9 companion, Shadow. In this super–charged sequel, Jack and Shadow find themselves once again in the squalid mean–streets of Grant City, ensnared in a labyrinth of crime, corruption and betrayal. Though he swore he’d never return to the city that left him for dead, the plight of an innocent girl draws Jack back. With Shadow at his side, he won’t rest until the girl is safe. But finding her reveals a plot as dark as Grant City itself.
Look for this amazing new installment in the Dead to Rights series coming this November.
- Jack’s K-9 fighting companion, Shadow, assists in combat and retrieves items during fighting.
- 13 brutal new disarm moves to take down enemies in the heat of battle.
- Lightning–fast melee fighting system allows Jack to collect and use melee weapons throughout his environment, including bats, pipes, 2x4s, machetes and swords.
- Innovative 360 degree fighting engine allows Jack to engage enemies on all sides with special punches, kicks and brutal weapon attacks.
- Jack’s massive arsenal now includes heavy artillery such as mini–guns and shoulder–mounted RPGs. Also at Jack’s disposal are devastating land mines, fléchette grenades that shred human flesh and shotguns with incendiary shells to set your enemies ablaze.
- Cinematic bullet–time gameplay lets Jack take out enemies with breathtaking, slow–motion dives and dodges.
Street Racing Syndicate (Xbox/PS2/GameCube/PC)
The raw, high–stakes world of illegal street racing comes to life in Street Racing Syndicate™. Trick out over 40 authentic licensed cars with parts from over 15 real–world manufacturers, then turn your customized ride loose on the streets of 3 cities across the USA. Lay it all on the line—your wallet, your woman, your pride and your wheels. For the first time ever, throw down with opponents around the world via online pink slip races. With masses of perfectly tuned, nitrous–stoked horses under the hood, the only thing between you and victory is the distance from the pedal to the floor.
Originally being developed by 3DO, Namco acquired this title when that company folded and they have done an amazing job of turning this into one of the hottest next-gen racing titles you're likely to play this year. Imagine a mix of Need for Speed Underground mixed with the complexity of Gran Turismo, not to mention a complete urban underground simulation where your reputation hinges on each and every race.
- Street Racing Syndicate™ is one of the most realistic street racers ever to grace consoles. Modify over 40 authentic licensed cars—including the signature Nissan Skyline—with aftermarket parts from over 15 licensed manufacturers. Cherry your ride with a variety of real–world decals and graphic upgrades.
- Burn the competition to win cash, street cred or better yet, your opponent’s wheels. Earn the affections of 18 real–life models from the world of import racing.
- Blow a turn or bump a fellow racer and incur damage in real time. Pay for repairs with your hard earned cash.
- Mix it up across Los Angeles, Philadelphia and Miami in both closed–circuit and perilous open–city races. Know your side streets and prepare to shake the cops at any moment.
- Up the ante even more by competing in online pink slip races, a first for street racing titles.
Prepare to hit the streets this summer.
Death By Degrees (PS2)
Nina Williams is the gorgeous, lightning-fast assassin who made her debut in the Tekken® series. In DEATH BY DEGREES™, Nina is commissioned to investigate the whereabouts of a stolen high-tech weapon, and steps out of the ring on an intense action–adventure all her own. With an innovative 360 degree fighting system and a fluid, acrobatic hand-to-hand combat engine at her disposal, Nina must infiltrate a shadowy underworld and reveal conspiracy on a global scale. Use any means necessary—including stealth, espionage, ferocious gunplay and brutal weapon attacks—to recover the stolen goods and uncover the truth.
Even though stealth-action titles are starting to flood the market, this title manages to offer just enough innovative "edge" to keep the gameplay fresh and exciting. Of course, playing as the ultra-sexy Ninja certainly doesn't hurt, but the proof is in the challenging and dynamic gameplay that will impress all who play it when Death By Degrees releases this Fall.
- Intuitive 360 degree combat engine lets Nina counter enemy threats on all sides at any time. Utilize both analog sticks to unleash a deadly flurry of attacks in any direction.
- Burst organs and shatter bone—use Nina’s on–screen “X-ray vision” to target enemies’ vital areas.
- Master a vast array of firearms, blade weapons—including tonfa and katana—and acrobatic, hand–to–hand combat moves for unheard-of gameplay variety.
- Thrilling stealth sequences allow you to silence enemies with chokeholds or swipe fingerprints from downed sentries to gain high–security clearance and access protected areas.
- Gripping, cinematic storyline unfolds across more than an hour of pre–rendered and in–game movies.
- Make use of Nina’s signature Tekken® moves, including throws, submission holds and the lethal Evil Mist.