1C Press Event 2011: Another Night in Moscow |
Written by Mahamari Tsukitaka
July 8, 2011
Last night, we found ourselves on Russian soil again—at the Russian Consulate in San Francisco, that is—at 1C’s annual press party. The event was even bigger than last year’s—with noticeably more fellow females in attendance, too—and our hosts certainly didn’t disappoint. Besides the generous servings of tasty caviar-topped blini, borscht, pirozhki, and vodka-based cocktails, we had the opportunity to sample a number of 1C’s upcoming titles.
Some of the highlights:
1C also showed off several other titles that we unfortunately didn’t have a chance to try: Off-Road Drive, Star Wolves 3: Ashes of Victory, a couple other Men of War titles, and Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades. We’re looking forward to seeing how these games unfold and, of course, to next year’s night in Moscow.
- Royal Quest, an upcoming free-to-play fantasy MMORPG with beautiful colors and fast-paced Diablo-style gameplay
- Men of War: Vietnam, the latest iteration of 1C’s successful RTS franchise that offers the Russian perspective of the Vietnam War
- Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, a fun World War II-based FPS featuring lifelike weapons physics and the ability to command a 12-man squad
- Cliffs of Dover: IL-2 Sturmovik, a realistic flight simulator that looked amazing on their 5-monitor display, complete with fancy cockpit setup
- Ghost of Moscow: Death to Spies, formerly known simply as Death to Spies, a stealth action game we previewed last year and which looks like it’s coming along with a new team mechanic and lots of spy gadgets.