Developer and publisher Tripwire Interactive and retail partner and publisher Deep Silver, Inc, are proud to announce that the million units plus seller, Maneater launched today digitally and at retail on next-generation consoles, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, and will be available on PlayStation®5 computer entertainment system on November 12 (US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea) and on November 19 for the rest of the world. Now players can dive into friendlier (looking) waters with Maneater on the newest hardware gaming has to offer. Fully evolved for the next generation of console systems, Maneater supports native 4K HDR at 60 FPS, and new lighting effects that will bring the underwater world of Maneater to life like only the next gen consoles can, with Ray-Tracing coming soon in a post-release patch. Xbox Series S owners will also benefit from increased graphical fidelity and frame rate. The PC version of Maneater will receive next-gen updates in the first half of 2021. More information on those enhancements will be coming in the near future.
Out now on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC (via the Epic Games Store)—and very soon for the PlayStation®5—Maneater invites players to experience the ultimate power fantasy by controlling the apex predator of the seas—a terrifying shark!
Maneater is a single player, open-world action-RPG (ShARkPG) where YOU are the shark. Starting as a small bull shark pup you are tasked with surviving the harsh world while eating your way up the ecosystem. To do this, you will explore a large and varied open world encountering diverse enemies — both human and wildlife. Find the right resources and you can grow and evolve far beyond what nature intended, allowing the player to tailor the shark to their play style. This is fortunate, because to get revenge on the cruel fisherman that dismembered you will take evolving into a massive shark, an apex predator of legends. Eat. Explore. Evolve.
Maneater Key Features Include:
- Fully Evolved for Next-Gen Consoles: Gaming’s new queen of the deep will return more powerful than ever in the next generation of gaming. Full utilization of next gen hardware including native 4K HDR support at a silky smooth 60 FPS, lush new lighting effects, immersive feedback via the PlayStation®5 DualSense controller’s haptic motors, and more will put players in control of the apex predator of the sea like never before.
- Eat: Feed on humans, consume nutrients, and find rare shark loot to evolve past what nature intended.
- Explore the Gulf: Explore seven large regions, including bayous of the gulf coast, resort beaches, industrial docks, the open ocean and more. Experience a living world with a full day/night cycle.
- Evolve Into a Legend: Unlock and equip various Evolutions that improve and enhance your shark as you progress through the campaign.
- Unique Story: Play through a full narrative, story-based campaign narrated by Chris Parnell (Rick and Morty, Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock) and set against the backdrop of a reality TV show.
- Diverse, Compelling Combat: Battle fierce wildlife including other apex predators or fight against various types of human hunters ranging from town drunks all the way up to the Coast Guard.
With a truly unique premise and never-before-seen approach to the action-RPG genre, Tripwire Interactive looks forward to taking players on a journey through uncharted waters with Maneater.
Maneater is out now for $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 MSRP with an ESRB rating of M for Mature, PEGI 18 rating, and USK 16 rating. For more details on Maneater, please visit the official website – and follow the developers at Tripwire Interactive on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch.tv, and Instagram.