DISTORTIONS IS FINALLY RELEASED AFTER 9 YEARS
A DIZZYING WORLD OF SOUND & FURY
After waking up in a strange, puzzling place where memories roam free like ghostly echoes, a young girl must use her musical gifts to find her way home. Beset with psychological pain, she will need to make peace with her past and learn to live in the moment in order to deal with unpleasant physical manifestations of days long gone. Equipped with her journal and violin – and guided by music – the girl must protect herself from the masked creatures that inhabit this land. In fact, they may have a deeper connection with her own memories …
In Distortions, you’ll experience a breathtakingly beautiful world filled with caves, mountains, and rivers. Can’t find your way? Shape the terrain around you with music – and hunt for clues to shed light on the next waypoint. With the aid of a strange masked monster, you must uncover new memories and eventually solve the mystery of the journal’s unknown author to overcome your past and open the door to a happier future.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Distortions has already garnered awards and recognition from GameSpot, Casual Connect/Indie Prize, and the Brazilian International Game Festival:
- Winner, “Best of BGS10” [included in “Best in Show”] – GameSpot / Brazil Game Show
- Winner, Best original idea – Spain international game festival (Azplay)
- Winner, “Best Brazilian Game” & “People’s Choice Award” – Brazilian International Game Festival (BIG)
- Winner, “Best Technology”; Nominee, “Best Music & Sound” – SBGames
- Winner, “Best Game” – Spcine
- Finalist / Nominee, “Best Narrative” – Casual Connect / Indie Prize (2017)
- Finalist – Casual Connect / Indie Prize (2018) [announced]
- Nominee, “Best Independent Game” & “Best Brazilian Game” – Brazil Game Awards (BGA)
- Nominee, “Best Concept” & “Best Music & Sound” – AzPlay
- Nominee, “Best developing game” on Big starter at Brazilian International Game Festival (BIG)
- Immerse yourself in a poetic, compelling narrative of perseverance, mystery, and lost memories.
- Use the power of music to shape the world around you.
- Experience innovative, modular gameplay that changes according to the story’s “rhythm.”
- Learn to use five unique abilities to tame awe-inspiring creatures.
- Enjoy multiple gameplay styles – from side-scrolling to open-world exploration.
Distortions is available now on Steam for $19.99.