Degrees of Separation Is Out Today
Happy Valentine’s Day! Today, premier indie publisher Modus Games and developer Moondrop release Degrees of Separation into your warm embrace and on to digital store shelves. Offering a touching, narrative-driven experience in the form of a 2D puzzle-platformer, get ready for local co-op action with that special someone in your life – whether a partner, friend, or family member.
Telling the story of two protagonists with opposing forces of nature, Degrees of Separation explores the budding relationship of Ember and Rime, turning their powers over heat and cold into core gameplay mechanics. Each world forces players to approach puzzles with a new mindset, depending on Ember and Rime’s emotional closeness, or even lack thereof.
Play locally with a friend, working together to solve a myriad of environmental puzzles, and look forward to online multiplayer coming to the game post-launch. Degrees of Separation is available digitally right now on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Steam for $19.99 USD. To stay up to date on all the latest updates, check out the official website and follow Modus Games on Twitter, Discord and Facebook.
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Experience beautifully crafted 2D worlds with a deeply immersive art style based on the aspects of contrasting temperatures.
- Innovative Storytelling. Discover the potential of dual protagonists Ember and Rime and follow a complex story by acclaimed video game writer Chris Avellone.
- Environmental Puzzles. Navigate distinct worlds and solve complex puzzles to organically alter situations and surroundings.
- Cooperative Gameplay. Harness the powers of Ember and Rime in both single-player and local cooperative multiplayer. Shortly after launch, long distance relationships will be enabled via an online multiplayer update.
- Non-Linear Levels. Traverse through diverse landscapes that each introduce a new game mechanic, weaving together gameplay, narrative, and character progression.