Dead Island Definitive Collection Available Now
From publisher Deep Silver and developer Techland comes the ultimate Dead Island experience today as Dead Island Definitive Collection is now available. The wait is over; now players can appreciate every drop of blood in full remastered goriness as it splatters across the screen.
Comprised of the original Dead Island and its undead successor Dead Island: Riptide (including all previously released DLC), Dead Island Definitive Collection brings the two legendary zombie games together for the first time, completely remastered to Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PC.
Within the collections, and making its debut in the mix of flesh-rending zombie chaos is a new gem just waiting to be discovered: a classic side-scrolling/endless runner action game, Dead Island Retro Revenge.
The rebuilding of both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide on Techland’s next gen engine brings with it a significant visual & performance overhaul, introducing many cutting edge current-generation graphical effects:
- Higher Quality Textures – Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
- Photorealistic new lighting system – The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look to the beautiful sunny tropical setting
- Physically based shading – The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing – The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience Dead Island without unsightly “jaggies” – meaning a much cleaner look throughout
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
- HBAO and motion blur effects The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds a extra layer of depth and realism to the world
Through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience
- Updated game UI Providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience
- The Current-gen Console Experience The Dead Island Definitive Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
- Power Fists Power-up (One Punch Mode) And last but not least, The fan favourite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products. Punch your way through the mayhem with craziest power-up ever
Dead Island Retro Revenge Features at a glance:
- Retro look meets melee-based combat
- Featuring leaderboards, achievements and plenty of depth
- Game mechanics include power-ups, super attacks and a combo system
Dead Island Definitive Collection is a compilation containing Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and also includes for free Dead Island Retro Revenge. It is available at retail and digital for $39.99.
Available at the same time, Dead Island Definitive Edition, and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive is available separately and as a digital download for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PC for $19.99.