Biblical RPG ‘Fallen Angel’ coming to Steam October 22
The title spins its own story derived from John Milton’s “Paradise Lost”, where one plays as Lucifer, the angel that fell from Heaven and now seeks vengeance on God and his army. Lucifer soon discovers that God has departed Heaven, and the archangels are fighting for control of His kingdom. While the archangels are fighting each other, Lucifer takes to the clouds to wipe out the Heavenly army and take the Mantle of God for himself.
The game is currently hosting a closed beta with nearly 1,000 players and has made significant upgrades to its graphics and gameplay, making for one hell of a game.
Drawing from the Old Testament, biblical Apocrypha, and a post-modern style, the many realms of Heaven are a strange and varied place. In addition to the classical pearly gates and angelic choirs, Lucifer will be ravaging his way through high-tech constructs, idyllic earth-like plains, floating islands, and more beyond. Each archangel will have a strong, thematic influence on the environments and creatures the player will encounter.
Players are equipped with blades, guns, claws, and a variety of skills to make their way through the realms of Heaven and reach the top. Players can use their preferred fighting styles to take on enemies whether that be head-to-head brute combat, maneuvering with precision and counter-attacks, or relying on ranged weapons to attack from afar. In addition to various fighting tactics, Lucifer can transform into a powerful, demonic rage machine, killing everything in his path.
A full list of features include:
- An incredible soundtrack to battle through Heaven’s gates and eliminate all archangels that stand in the way to the throne of Heaven.
- Brutal and seamless combat styles for ground and aerial approaches, including unique combos for players to smash out.
- Beautiful pixel art and animations with several different flavors of Heaven.
- Challenging boss fights that re-imagine the marvels of the Old Testament.
- Full controller support to suit every player’s preferred style.
- Co-op availability to bring carnage to Heaven with a friend.
Players can access the closed beta by joining the Fallen Angel Discord channel.