Axiom Verge Releases Today on PlayStation 4
Tom Happ is proud to announce the launch of Axiom Verge for PlayStation®4 today in the Americas as a digital download. Its release is followed tomorrow, April 1st, with its European launch. Axiom Verge is an action-platform-exploration game that’s not only created in intricate detail in the style of classics such as Metroid, Contra, and Master Blaster, but uses those old-school “glitches” that we know and love as a gameplay feature. You’ll use them to scramble enemies, corrupt environments, and pass through walls into hidden areas in a massive alien world.
With over 900 unique rooms to explore, Axiom Verge is the culmination of five years of art, code, music, and game design all from one source: Tom Happ. “I started development on Axiom Verge 5 years ago and spent the majority of my evenings and weekends since that time working on it,” said Tom Happ. “I quit my day job 6 months ago to finish the game and couldn’t be prouder of how the game turned out. This has been my passion for a long time, and I’m so excited to finally share it with the world.”
In Axiom Verge, you play as Trace, a scientist who awakes in an alien world after a lab explosion. A voice calls to Trace telepathically for help, his only clue to the strange world in which he finds himself. As Trace works his way toward the voice and beyond, he explores an expansive world of monstrous enemies, power-ups, weapons, bosses, and loads of hidden items. Axiom Verge is priced at $19.99 / €17.99 and debuts on PS4 as part of Sony’s Pub Fund program. It is coming at a later date (to be announced) to PC and Vita. Cross-buy is supported, giving PS4 owners a copy of Axiom Verge on Vita for no additional cost and vice versa.
- Explore an expansive non-linear alien world with more than 900 unique, interlocking rooms.
- Gobs of unique tools and abilities, loads of weapons, and tons of health/power/attribute upgrades.
- Battle with nearly 70 unique creatures and gigantic screen-filling bosses.
- “Glitches” now allow you to break past the boundaries of normal gameplay.
- Speedrun Mode – Play with a streamlined interface and additional features to facilitate speedrunning.
- Cross-buy support between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita (to be released at a future date).